Front Desk Associate
The Front Desk Associate will greet and direct members, guests and staff as they enter the gym. This position will provide assistance to members along with inquiries about gym operations and policies, as well as perform various administrative duties.
This detail-oriented individual will possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members. Basic understanding of accounting principles, cash processing procedures and computer skills required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet each member and guest promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive entrance into the gym
- Say "Hello" to all incoming guests and say "Good-bye" to all outgoing guests
- Check each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notify Front Desk Supervisor in the event of a delinquency
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures
- Ensure that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate ﬁtness consultant in a prompt, professional manner
- Answer phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and use proper phone greeting
- Address caller's requests and/or take appropriate messages
- Register all telephone inquiries in the TI register in the Master Production Binder and transfer the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultant
- Respond immediately to requests, inquiries and concerns
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty
- Distribute keys, towels and other materials as needed
- Reserve time/make appointments for tanning, special classes or other activities
- Process all monetary transactions on the Point of Sale System
- Promote and sell merchandise
- Assess and keep front desk, retail, drink, supplement display and surrounding areas orderly and clean
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures
- Log all maintenance concerns as identiﬁed
- Notify management of gym incidents that requires incident reports
- Work when scheduled and adhere to company attendance
- Attend all staff meetings as directed
- Perform other duties as directed by management
Gold’s Gym will continue to change lives by helping people reach their individual potential. Join the team in getting us where we need to go and you’ll see no limit to your career potential.
Current CPR Certification is required.
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)